The Pan American Health Organization / World Health Organization (PAHO/WHO), through the Latin American and Caribbean Center on Health Sciences Information of the Department of Evidence and Intelligence for Action in Health (BIREME/EIH), invites you to participate virtually in the launching of the new DeCS (Health Sciences Descriptors) portal as part of the celebration of its 34 years.
DeCS is the main controlled vocabulary for indexing and retrieving published scientific and technical health literature in the LA&C region.
- Date: Friday, September 18, 2020
- Time: 11:30 am (Brasília time)
- Link of the online session: http://bit.ly/LnDeCS
- Welcome words. Dr. Diego González, Director da BIREME/OPAS/OMS
- Official Launch of the new DeCS platform. Dr. Jarbas Barbosa. Assistant Director PAHO/WHO.
- The importance of DeCS in Latin America and the Caribbean. Renato Murasaki, Methodologies and Information Technologies Manager, BIREME/PAHO/WHO
- Presentation of the new DeCS portal. Dr. Ana Cristina Espindola Campos, Information Analyst, BIREME/ PAHO/WHO
- Comments and questions
- Closure. Dr. Sebastián García, Director of the Department of Evidence and Intelligence for Action in Health. PAHO/WHO